August 8, 2011

Allow me to lure you in with a bedtime story >:D

Hello world, and welcome to my blog! I promise you that it will be a crappy one! (I know nothing of graphics and pretty artwork and whatever the heck else makes a blog successful and/or readable. Although I have been told that pictures of epic unicorns are always helpful.)

You're welcome.

I'm not sure if anyone is ever going to be reading this, but regardless, I'd thought I'd tell a little bedtime story. The story of how this blog came to be. Once upon a time, I was hanging out with my two friends as all teenagers do, bored out of our minds. As we concocted ways to entertain ourselves with ideas of vandalism and late-night paint fights in the middle of the street, one of us suggested we create a blog. We dropped our paint canisters to the floor as we stood there in awe at this strange new idea. Our minds had been officially Inception'd, and it was an mind-blowing experience.

Out of pure whim and boredom, mixed in with our sweat, tears, and blood... voila! The blog To Keep Your Insanity was born! We unleashed it onto the world, and it lived a happy year-long life filled with puppies and rainbows and unicorns before something horrible happened.

It was a late winter evening when I entered the Internet, humming absentmindedly and completely oblivious to the horrible realization that was yet to come. As I typed in the URL address and clicked "enter", my world crashed around me. The blog had been mercilessly murdered, erased from existence without warning. Me and my friends (my friends and I? I HATE GRAMMAR) spent the following weeks bombarding Blogger with e-mail bombs, but to no avail. Our complaints and questions had been ignored, just like when you complain to Domino's Pizza when THEY DELIVER YOU THE WRONG PIZZA (that's a story for another time), and they turn the deaf ear on you. Our blog was gone, and it was gone for good. 

Refusing to be disheartened, we attempted to fashion a new blog, To Keep Your Insanity v.2, but it never reached full fruition. We aborted the blog before it could ever leave its mother's womb. Months passed, and now I, one of the three original To Keep Your Insanity bloggers, have decided to revive this blog for the third (and hopefully final) time. You are, unfortuntely for you, reading it right now. (This is, of course, me operating under the assumption that someone is actually reading this. I don't know how the entire blog-discovery thing works. Are you supposed to advertise or something? Ugh.)

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment